Welcome to my new blog!
My name is Vincent and I’ve decided to start blogging due to the recurring feeling that I want to be doing more with my time. This is something I have been thinking about for quite a long time, almost a year I think. Even if it took me so long to finally start it, I decided to bite the bullet and start my blogging journey!
Having a passion for both personal finance and blogging, I decided to start for a wide variety of reasons, but the main one would be because I want to clearly outline my financial goals and plans. I also want to write about my failures and (also hopefully) my successes along the way. I was really inspired by reading other personal finances blogs, and I definitely wanted this one to be all about transparency as well. In fact, I find it quite relaxing to have my financial profile public – as in “no secrets anymore”.
To that end, I will be covering topics such as:
- Financial management & tools (check out my resources page)
- Progress reports (all my financial reports are summarized on my financial stats page)
- Goal setting
- Blogging in general
- Financial and blogging tools reviews
Financial management is really important to me, as I don’t want to wake up one day and realize I’m late to save for retirement. Even more if I can start doing it now and earn some interests on my investments (the earlier the better!).I’m already a thirty-year-old and it’s definitely about time I start looking towards the future.Click To Tweet
My financial background in a few bullet points:
- I have approximatively a combined Net Worth of $10,000 (combined with my employer pension, my Wealthsimple account and my emergency fund). This is combined for my girlfriend and I.
- I have no more credit card debt (paying off the full balance each time).
- I have no student loan debt any more (originally it was around $27,000, and I recently finished paying it off).
- I have moderate investment theory knowledge (which is one of many reasons I ended up starting this website with Bluehost), but I’m eager to learn!
Like many other bloggers, this blog will be a way to make myself accountable. As time goes by, I hope to figure out what I want to do more with my time, whether I actually do have time to do more with my time, and form some better habits.
My marathon-like journey begins now and I’m looking forward to meeting you, and hearing your ideas!
If I have inspired you, there are a few ways you can help me out! You’re under no obligation but this is for products that I already use and absolutely recommend:
Bluehost – Are you convinced that you should create your own blog? This is the hosting company that I use for this blog. It is really cheap and customer service is awesome. If you register with my link, you get a special offer of $2.95/month (instead of $7.99/month). Now is the time to start your blog! Check out my complete guide on how to start a blog on Bluehost.
As always, you can check out my favorite resources!
Let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas regarding my blog, and feel free to share and comment below this post!
What about you? Are you already sharing your journey to building wealth?